How Trade Finance Works
TIM offers Trade Finance to Australian businesses from early stage to mid-market companies with proven track records. With our strong financial position and expertise in cross-border transactions, it allow us to quickly structure the best funding solution for your business. Simple and straightforward!
How Trade Finance Works for Importers
- You order goods from an overseas supplier.
- You receive the supplier’s invoice and send it to us as Good To Pay.
- We pay your supplier’s invoice.
- You receive the goods and pay us on agreed terms.
- If you don’t have funds available when the goods arrive then we can establish an Invoice Finance facility for you.
- Invoice finance is a flexible business funding option where we issue funds to you based on the invoice you have issued to your client. It’s much better than a business loan or overdraft, carries no hidden fees and funds are issued within 1-2 days of approval. All we charge you is a small fee when the client pays your invoice.
How Trade Finance Works for Exporters
- You receive an order from an overseas customer.
- Based on the purchase order we provide you with the finance needed to manufacture the goods.
- Goods are shipped to the customer.
- The customer pays you for the goods as per your trading terms.
- You repay us when you receive the funds from your customer.
Benefits of Trade Finance
Buy now, pay over time, mitigate risks and most importantly, free up working capital.
As featured In
Are you an importer or an exporter facing
working capital issues?
Fill out our quick application form to get in touch with one of our friendly advisers and find out how trade finance can help your business.
Click on the button below to get started. It will only take two minutes and won’t affect your credit rating.
Why Choose TIM Finance
We are a nimble finance company which has been around for over 5 years servicing growing small to medium size businesses. This allows us to create flexible and innovative funding solutions customized to your specific business needs.
We have funded over three quarters of a billion dollars to over 350 Australian businesses. We’ve provided the funding solutions to scale our client’s businesses, across the globe.
Please note our Trade Finance product is available only for importers and exporters dealing with international transactions.
If you are looking to fund domestic trade transactions within Australia, please refer to our Supply Chain Finance product.
Latest Case Studies
Other Options That Might Interest You
Supply Chain Finance
Pay your suppliers upfront, receive early payment discounts and improve your working capital position.
Don’t wait for 30, 45 or even 90+ days. Turn your outstanding invoices into cash within 24 hours with Invoice Finance.
A specialist solution which provides your business with the upfront cash flow it needs to fund the export of products.
TIM provides growing companies with a specialist import finance solution when sourcing goods from global markets.
Make cash flow management easy by aligning your
accounting software to TIM.ex.
TIM’s accounting interface is quick to activate and helps to manage
money and pay suppliers.
Get Tomorrow’s Cash flow Today
Helping you find smarter ways to use your own cash and avoid the pitfalls of borrowing funds. TIM Finance is always ready to help in a fairer, more flexible and far more affordable manner than a traditional business loan. Contact a TIM expert today.
TIM Finance offers several different funding solutions (Services), one or more of which has a no-fee, no interest and no long lock in contract period, called the Fully Flexible funding option. Conditions, fees and charges apply to some of the Services provided, which may change or we may introduce new ones in the future. Full details for all funding options (Services) including any fees and charges which may apply, is available on request. Lending criteria apply to approval of credit products. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider it’s appropriateness to these factors before acting on it. Read the funding agreements provided, for your selected product/service, including all the Terms and Conditions contained in agreements provided, before proceeding. *T&Cs: Minimum 12 month invoice funding contract with TIM Finance. Direct clients only, offer doesn’t apply to broker introduced clients. All standard credit terms and conditions apply including credit assessment. Not applicable to existing clients.